The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Thursday, October 30, 2003

My dvd driver is dying. That means I cant watch DVDs properly. And that pisses me off for some reason. ARGH.

On other news, think I'm getting sick. Damn weather has taken a toll on me it seems. Feel so tired from doin erm... nuttin. Feels horrid. The nothingness and the sickness and the tiredness. Think I'll sleep early... like now... and get up early to do work. Sounds like a plan.

Had dinner with candz and manda today. As usual, always good to see them, they make my days bright and cheery for some reason ^_^
Realised im childish and immature today. Nothing different there but wish I would grow up sooner. Whine whine whine. Aint me if I dun do that eh?

Song now: Lorelay (L'arc~en~ciel)

Quote of the post:

The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
In the ranks of death you'll find him;
His father's sword he hath girded on,
And his wild harp slung behind him;

"Land of Song!" cried the warrior bard,
(Should) "Tho' all the world betrays thee,
One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
One faithful harp shall praise thee!"

The Minstrel fell! But the foeman's steel
Could not bring that proud soul under;
The harp he lov'd ne'er spoke again,
For he tore its chords asunder;

And said "No chains shall sully thee,
Thou soul of love and brav'ry!
Thy songs were made for the pure and free
They shall never sound in slavery!

- The Minstrel boy by Thomas Moore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home