The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Had a good bbq! Frenly cool pple, great bday girl, good food (kudos to cook and marinator...sounds like terminator but that's another story for another day). Anywaes, amanda, bday's all done... so ur normal now! Muahahahahhaha.... dun have to bow and scrape to you anymore ur highness!!!! Kidding dear. I'll always bow and scrape, and remind you how cool and great and pretty u are ;) Love ya! Hmm... seem to be saying that a lot, but dun worry, it's all true. Well, 70% is true. Any more and Ming will kill me very slowly and laugh very loudly while doing it ^_^

And now... a story.

Years ago, I was a young boy craving for acceptance in a school, the place where ties are forged, enemies made and people noticed. Then, I wanted to be noticed. I wanted to be accepted. I tried to show off intelligence by making corny jokes, snide comments, things that made pple chuckle once and then forget. I was hoping for them to remember me. It didn't work very well. That wasn't who I am. I was ostracized, thrown out into the winds of non-acceptance. It was the equivalent of dying of thirst. One of my present frens even told me he hated me and thought I was a fake. Well, I was. Why? I did all those actions thinking about consequences. I thought about what they would think too much. I didn't think about throwing caution to the wind. Meaning, I thought too much about the wrong things.

So I decided to shed the skin. I let people in, slowly, but headfirst. I did things knowing they would laugh. I became the clown, but one they could befriend. How? I threw caution to the wind and did what I thought I should do without thinking. In other words, I took the first step, not caring what happened. And now I'm PEP, Pang Ee Pin, and known to all. Famous, infamous, crazy, mad, weird, PEP. People call me the great pretender cause I keep pretending I was cool, handsome, lover to women everywhere. Heh, they call me that cause they know I make fun of myself. They knew I didn't care. Rather, I relished the name. If you don't take the first step, if you don't relish the names, if you don't taste the air, observe the hummingbird, chat up a storm... wat's there to do then?

I'm a shy individual. But I try...seriously. I try to make frens, not with snide comments, not with some interesting quirk of myself, but by trading a bit of myself with others. Let them sample PEP. If they like it, wat's to stop them from continuing?

For all the pple who are falling asleep reading this, moral of the story.
PEP rule no 2: Watever happens happens.
Be yourself, dun try to be smart. Dun try to outdo pple. Let pple in a little.
Wonder, but don't worry. Think, but don't agonize.


They aint rules to live by, and they aren't much help for the future. I mean, Im seriously stumped about what to do in the future. But when that happens, I'll think about it a little.

Song now: The ship by Yoko Kanno
Quote of the post:

"Whatever happens happens" -Spike Spegiel from Cowboy Bebop




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home