The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Monday, October 06, 2003

Nuttin much today. Just wondering what to do when term starts. Back to old lifestyle of work again. Damn, need to do something more productive and healthy. Will... next year ^^
Went out to Mark's with Derek n Stef. Derek juz came back from Perth. He bought back earrings and rings for Stef, some food for Vincent (another fren)...and an idea for me. The idea of having a small business selling comp parts to each other. I laughed then.... rather loudly too as I recall.
Won Johan again! He came for revenge and I trounced him 2 nil!! Go Cameroon Go!!! ^^ Come on Johan, wat's wrong with you? Bad day?
Kelly stopped by my place and gave me Burnetti cookies! I'm like a leftover food disposal unit for her and you know wat? I like it! Free food! Who can resist? I'm glad I moved into City Gate then. Yupz yupz!
Ended the day with a movie. Watched a Korean anime called Wonderful Days. How to describe it. The music was wondrous, lilting, and awe-inspiring. The CG and drawings were juz plain beautiful. Seamless. Flawless. Beautiful. The plot however left much to be desired. The creators tried too hard to make it dramatic rather than focusing on a circular plot. The show was more like contemporary Korean drama/action flicks than anime. What irks me is how close to greatness this show was. Ah well. It's good anywaes, worth a watch. Now for the OST.

Song now: Man in the desert by Yoko Kanno
Quote of the post:

To begin again
And to depend on myself
It will be worthwhile
to have awakened
to have rebelled
to have wrestled
to have hurt myself
to have survived
to have turned the tables
to have known myself
to have capsized
to have rescued myself

To begin again
And to depend on myself
It will be worthwhile
to have awakened
without your claws, always so secure
without your ghost
without your frame
without your support
without your domination
without your spurs
without your fascination

To begin again
And to depend on myself
It will be worthwhile
to have already
forgotten you
to begin again


Comecar de Novo (To Begin Again) by Jane Monheit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home