The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Thursday, May 19, 2005

You know, getting lost in an rpg game isn't really fun. I mean, imagine, your travellers, with their low HP and MP, traversing this GODDAMN maze, littered with monsters all intent on ripping your lungs out and breathing through them... it's not very traveller-friendly.
And the map doesn't help. I have this affliction, where directions just seem to disappear from my memory. It's as if magnetic forces change the way I perceive directions and I simply... get lost. What was right becomes left, what was left becomes wrong. I dunno why. I distinctive remember going this way... but it's not right!
But it's different in gaming. I have good sense there. I know where to go, as long as I have a map. Or just a compass. Wonder why it's so different.

Anywaes, I'm out of that maze now. And on with the story!

And I sold Lynn Flewelling, Douglas Adams and David Eddings books today. I love introing good books to pple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home