The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Friday, September 03, 2004

He wondered what the witch woman of the 90s said for the 16th time.
"Your world will end when you and the Glass Princess fall in love," she had said. He desperately wanted to believe her, but was at the same time, hesitant.
She was a princess of stature and royal upbringing, of beauty beyond compare, possessing magic and a loving heart that encompasses all worlds.
He... was just a boy with an overactive imagination. Yet... he wanted to believe the witch woman. He was in love, he thought.
The Glass Princess was staring at him, as if seeing into his transparent heart. "You were thinking about what the witch woman said didn't you?"
"How did you know?" he asked stupidly as little boys are known to be.
The Glass Princess gave a pretty smile. "I can see into your heart. I am the Glass Princess and your heart is clear for me to see."
The boy covered his chest protectively. "Then you know everything about me," he said.
"I know that you love me," she whispered and came nearer to him. "I know that you've loved me the moment you saw my image in the Mirror Lake, when you gazed upon me in the Heartless Dungeons, when I see you now. I know you love me."
The boy despaired. "Then," he pleaded with the princess, "then what am I to do? Tell me please! The witch woman said I would love you, and you would love me. But my world will end! You cannot love me!"
"Shhh... Under who's hand am I under? I have no strings of which Destiny controls. I am my own person, and I can do as I will. I am the Glass Princess, not the Puppet Princess. And I, as a princess, now love this boy with an overactive imagination. You, I now love you." The Glass Princess took the boy's hand and the boy held it delicately.
The boy looked at her painfully beautiful face and asked in a quavering, small voice, "You accept my heart? My love? And you will return this heart to me?"
"I give my heart to you," she replied and placed his hand on her chest.
The boy could feel her tiny heart beating. It was a wonderful feeling. "Is this a dream or reality?"
She gave a small laugh. "It is a dream."
The boy was dismayed. He didn't want it to be so. "Then," he asked once more, "then your Highness, when will reality come?"
"When the dream finishes dear one."
"When is that?"
There was a pause as the Princess thought the question over. Then, in a satisfied voice said, "When your world ends. When you do not need it anymore. When you deem it so."
"What will happen?"
"I do not know. That is for you... for us... to find out," she replied, a trifle sadly. The boy gently pushed her away and took her hand in his.
"Then we will find out. For I cannot live in a dream," he said.
The Glass Princess smiled. "And neither can I my love."
The story ends here, in the dark Forest of Wandering, where the boy and the Glass Princess embrace each other, holding tightly to each other, never to let go. He loved her as she did him. And slowly, gently and quietly, the boy's world... ended.


This has been a WTF moment by Pang Ee Pin. Be sure to tune in next time for more sex, gore and the occasional panda. For we all love pandas... and MeccaBah... I love free food ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home