The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Last night, I talked to a big guy
the big guy who asked a father to kill his son
the big guy whom people all over the world loved
people all over the world hated
people all over the world didn't much care for
and I talked

I told the big guy that it was hard to talk
I do not talk
about my dreams
about my life
about me
I do not like to
share myself to whomever,
not even to myself
A rule bounded in iron
rusting but strong
that is me

I apologized for the wait
for the wants
for the needs I desired
I wanted so much
yet had so little, knew so little
I needed that road
so I asked for a road
And just like a typical conversation
the big guy did not answer
Nor did I expect him to
I liked the silence, the stale air
of a world that simply did not care
about my dreams
about my life
about me

To steal from Simon of Paul,
the writer of graceland with a necklace of tears
That's the way it's always been
That's the way I like it
and that's how I want it to be


Hey shan, thnx for a nice talk yesterday. U aint that bad after all ;) Goreng pisang yar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home