The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Oreos and soya bean milk is a big nono, comprede?

Tried to explain the greatness of the Kill Bill epic to Candz. Didn't really go so well, it is hard to explain the mesh of genres that are involved in every situation. There are references, homages to movies everywhere, we just have to find them and understand them. It is not an arthouse flick, yet feels like one. It is a parody, an action movie, a revenge movie, a swordfight, a drama full of tears. It has mean dialogue that actually makes you think, that you will remember and want to remember because it is oh so good. It has the making of a cult classic for good reason. So, if you like life, go watch Kill Bill. It has gravestones.

Candz was also telling me about the concept of Aussie Idol and the problems behind it. The idea that it is Aussie Idol could be a factor of why I can't seem to get anybody to go with me. I do not have much motivation to get up early, and i doubt anybody else would want to for my sake. It's called life. Ah well, I'll see what I can do.

The ned... er.. End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home