The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I had a nice chat with a fren from Singapore. She's a budding journalist, a second-place karaoke winner and a pretty lil lady with a heart of gold. She's also a veteran of the many rigors of true love. She believes herself not ready to go into a true relationship with THE ONE.

THE ONE. A term that sounds both daunting and horrificly romantic at the same time. People view THE ONE with apprehension mixed with a large dose of anticipation. It's like waiting for your name to be called out at a contest. Guys may wanna find THE ONE cause they wanna settle down, have babies, leave the legacy behind with someone they love...or not. Most guys hope to never find THE ONE simply because once found, THE OTHERS will no longer be an integral part of their lives. As bachelor-mates like to proclaim to the 'happy' groom... the pastures will never be green again.
Gals on the other hand...bag, nvm, they want to find THE ONE. Who has not dreamt of it? It's like winning the beauty contest, plus getting free money to shop! In an expensive dress! I find it sad... and noble. To pursue such a goal and actually finding it. That takes guts, committment and damn good luck.

On the record, I want to find THE ONE and love her forever. Off the record... I'm terrified.

On a different note... I hate being a second-hand friend. It's always like this and has been plaguing me for a while. A long while mind you. I am a second-hand fren. A backup fren. To most pple cause most assume I'm there. Taken for granted.
When I talk to pple, I have to initiate conversation first. A hello. A how are you. A snide comment. To grab their precious attention and then hopeful get into some conversation. On MSN, on the fone. I'm always the person doing it. I am the one having to catch up on gossip. I am the one organizing meetings and getting pple to go. The only things I get invited to are... Birthday Dinners. I mean, come on... is it really that hard to just say 'Hi'?

Peeved I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home