The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Special Others Always Makes Me Happy




Well I was gonna do a post on Mermaid Yakuza show. But, well, I shall blog about something more immediate.

So essays are done. No more blood, sweat and tears. Took the train to hand them in today which was when all the drama started.

Fone rang and it was dad. Dad said, very seriously, that my mom had a fall at the hospital and she was now at the emergency ward. Told me to go home after handing me my assignment.

That worried me. That worried me so much. I was shell-shocked, in the train, on my way to Uni. I was imagining scenarios a person should not have had to imagine.

Then the fone rang about 10 minutes later and there was my Dad again, with my mom, telling me that she had tripped over a wire and fallen, fracturing her foot and banging her lip.

There was the "Cheh!" But there was also that massive sigh of relief. It was just a fall, it was ok. Life is still ok. Phew.

Well, I went to Uni in a better frame of mind, and met with some buddies, and bought Transformers DVD for 20 bucks.

Then went home to laugh at my mom.

Turns out the rest of the extended family were there already, and my mom was in a cast and had crutches. Turns out she has 6 weeks work cover leave. We all had a small party that night.

So now with the Home Affairs Minister (as my dad dubbed her), injured, the government is in turmoil and chaos. Time to see what will ensue :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home