The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Last Song In The World

My eyes could see no more
The colours gone
The chairs were always empty
And the shadows were long
And time ticked so slowly
A world gone to waste
I would like to live again...

There she was
In my eyes
With a smile so soft and warm
It took me by surprise
There were voices singing
And my life was brimming
With the last song in the world

One more time
And she was there
A dream so bitter and so sweet
I couldn't care
Her voice was clear
But all I could hear
Was the last song in the world

I remember holding hands on the dizzy plains of June
I remember melodies as we gazed up to the moon
I remember the words that I simply couldn't say
And the tears that went unshed, when you left that day...

The shadows are long
Once again
The chairs are now empty
Once again
I wish and I wonder
For that smile
And the last song in the world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home