The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Some Form of Regret

I remember when the daily world was gone
And peace it came in summer
But it didn't last for long
I remember all the people and their dates
They were twirling and dancing
Not knowing their own fates

I surrender to the burning of the fields
And all the pretty flowers
Turned into vagrant meals
I surrender to the clockwork of design
The seconds and the moments
Of a temporary time

And as life would have it
It seems I'm only second best
Still I have to tell you of this story
Still I have to sit down and confess

I discovered all those hearts made out of ice
They broke for no reason
And emptied many lives
I created winds and rains and snows and storms
Went on never-ending
But then my world was gone

And as life would have it
It seems my chance did disappear
Still I hold on to a memory
Hold on to the sadness and the fear

Asking questions, though no one hears
It's the soul that's all alone
I broke the world and stopped the dancing
All that's left is bitter, bitter stone

I commanded puppets and sang out love songs
A quiet sort of time
When I found in me no wrongs
I created winds and rains and storms and tears
And shadows ever-waiting
Play upon those fears

And as life would have it
It seems the string refuse to play
Still I touch them oh so gently
I feel them anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home