The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Monday, October 17, 2005


























How does it become so COLD after such a hot day before? How how how?

Welcome to Melbourne I guess. Anywaes, guess I shall write a longer blog than normal, since many many things happened during the weekend. Also, am deciding on titleling (spelling) my blogs to help you and me... somehow make sense of these inane ramblings that are my thoughts on a digital map. So without further ado...








5 GLASSES OF CHAMPAGNE ON A BOAT


Jordon's bday on Saturday... on a boat. Yes, his parents hired a boat and sailed us along the river for 72 hours.... ok.... it was only for 4 hours... but that seemed really long for a time. It was his 21st you see, and his parents booked the boat a year ago, which kinda makes it scary at the devotion his parents give him. So yeah, there was the boat. From rumors, it was a double-decked boat... a big boat. In reality... a not-so-big boat bumbled up to the pier... and yet for some reason, managed to fit 50 odd pple on it without sinking.
Interesting fact: The Yarra River is only 3 metres deep.
Kenneth and I were wondering if we should... or even could skip the party early. I mean, we didn't know that many pple and im not good at making frens too.

That was before the first glass of champagne.

The bartender asked me for my ID... imagine that... MY ID :( Should i be happy? I think not. Ok, saw Kiru again, after his long absence of 2 + years.. that BASTARD. And we drank to many a person's health and good fortune. Between the slurps of that golden elixar, I didn't even eat much dinner... and the dinner was uber nice. Well.. the potatoes were anywaes.
On my fourth glass, the world was a much happier place and Jordon graced us with an impressive Michael Jackson dance. It was good, i mean, with the moves and the moonwalk and everything!
I was on my fifth glass when Jordon's dad decided to ask his wife for a dance. The dance floor was small and nobody was dancing. And retro was playing. Husband and wife did the twist for a little while and wife retreated. Then husband was left twisting by himself.

Then Crocodile Rock came on.

I twisted on the dancefloor with dad. Pulled a couple of others too... but i started it. Damn u champagne!
When dance was done... I sat back to my chair with frens surrounding me... and tried not to drink anymore.
Another interesting fact: According to Kenneth, some girls were looking at my sashay 1970s style and were calling me...cute.

Cute means ugly but adorable. I hate cute.

Anywaes... nothing much happened after that and we landed safely back at the pier.
Damn you champagne.

GOODBYE IVAN THE MAN STAN

Ivan's bday and farewell dinner on sunday. A sad/happy occasion. We had it at a restaurant a fren worked at and boy was the food yummy. Hell yummy. And Ivan treated us to it! Actually, let's see if I can get some pics up.

ok...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's the hero in qns...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That could be a clown or an infinitely cool customer... whichever u want...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Goodbye Ivan... You've been a great fren, and a great treasure of anime. funny, witty and infinitely nice... you rock man. Just so you know, the moment you leave Melbourne, you do not exist. The End.

SEVEN SWORDS

A movie directed by Tsui Hark, it wasn't as great as I expected. The hong Kong production was kinda overly dramatic... the fighting was awesome, fast-paced and cool... the swords really really cool.. but the story, characterisation and the ability to hold a plot... failed spectaculalrly. Sigh. Donnie Yen is fucking awesome.

Tomorrow, maybe an essay on sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home