The Mind Is A Dangerous Place

Things that should boggle the mind but do not

Saturday, July 16, 2005

So, Harry Potter is out. This feisty teenager with a lightning bolt scar has returned once more, not to entice and enchant readers with magic, wits and perhaps a little romance, but to give Lady Rowling a lot a lot of money.

But that doesn't mean it's bad. On the contrary, I find it's good reading for all. I just don't get the phenomenon.

So I was in costume the whole day. A whole day of turban-wearing, spell-inducing, heat producing good fun. And I sell books as well. I'll get pics soon. But it was great fun, and spent nice quality time with my colleagues.

Gandalf was there as well. He and me, we were promoting The Hobbit rather than Potter stuff. So we're rebels.

And there's a HUGE spoiler on page 500 something or rather. Was very enjoyable telling people what happened. If you ignore the dirty looks.

For now... I sleep... Madame Night calls me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home